Yes. It is strongly recommended that you bring a notebook PC with the following specification:
- Windows notebook PC (Windows 7/Vista SP2/XP SP3)
- RAM: 2GB or more
- HD: 40GB or more
- More than 3 years worldwide warranty available in Japan
- Anti virus program: Required. Be sure that the latest virus definition data is configured to be always up-to-date.
- Wireless LAN : 11M/54M/100Mbps (IEEE802.11b/g/n and Wi-Fi compatible)
[This service does not provide a 100% guarantee of connection of any wireless LAN card.]
Here is a surface of an environment of the IUJ campus network:
1. A hundred computers in two computer classrooms of the Matsushita Library and Information Center (MLIC) and ten computers in two dormitory's computer lounges in total. They are available for 24 hours a day. Also, there is a computer room that is especially dedicated for E-Business Management Program. The room has 30 client and server computers in total.
2. Very high speed of the campus LAN network based on the gigabits backbone of optical fiber cables.
3. Accessible more than 30 online databases.
4. The internet connection in individual rooms of the dormitories. Fee: 4,000 yen for IEP program and request basis.
5. Network folders and Online Databases can be accessible from off campus.
6. Free LAN outlets for notebook computer owners provided in the MLIC library and the computer classrooms, also high speed wireless LAN access provided in the MLIC building, the study rooms and the Snack Lounge.
7. A computer account (email address) and an individual network folder to every IUJ student. If you want to have your own home page, space will be given on request basis.
8. English version of Windows 7 installed for the PCs in the computer classrooms.
9. Application software such as Microsoft Office 2010, Internet Explorer 9 installed for the PCs in the computer classrooms